NEW! My helpful e-book has just been published.
Click to learn more!

Thriving at the Holidays Subscribe to Step Parenting with Grace by Email

Enter your email address to sign up for my mailing list to receive newsletters and other updates.


 

Friday, July 2, 2010

Creating a Stable Stepfamily: Offer Love and Grace Freely

My youngest son just came back from his first overnight church camp. He told me story after story of the fun he had with his friends and the memories he made on the campground.

But then, with tears in his eyes, he told me of the many talks they had of what Jesus has done for us and the love and grace He offers us, undeserved.

As we come to the end of our posts on creating a stable stepfamily, I am reminded of the most important element of creating a stable stepfamily: offer love and grace freely to your stepchildren. Even when they don't deserve it.

Stable relationships are formed as we show our stepchildren we love them on good days and bad, offering forgiveness to them, undeserved. It's not easy to do and can only be accomplished through God's strength, but will make a long-term difference in our relationships.

How can you show love and grace to your family this week-end?

Have a happy 4th of July and spend some quality time with your stepchildren!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 9, 2010 at 2:33 PM , Anonymous sue said...

Thank you for this post. I've had a lot of anger toward my stepchildren lately, and it's like a parasite eating away at my heart. I SO needed this reminder to offer love and grace freely even when I think they don't deserve it. Bless you.

 
At July 11, 2010 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Step Parenting with Grace said...

I'm glad it was helpful for you. I know it is not easy at times. I've had many days that I could only do it with God's strength and guidance. But you will be blessed for it and your relationship will be rewarded by your actions. Our stepchildren can't help but notice when we continue to offer love to them even when they know they don't deserve it. God Bless You!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home