NEW! My helpful e-book has just been published.
Click to learn more!

Thriving at the Holidays Subscribe to Step Parenting with Grace by Email

Enter your email address to sign up for my mailing list to receive newsletters and other updates.


 

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Looking for Answers?

My friend was in tears as she described the situation going on with her teenage stepchild. She and her husband were not in agreement as to how to handle the problem and it appeared things were going to get worse before they got better.

Unfortunately, there are not black and white answers to many of our stepparenting dilemmas. Even through prayer, it is difficult at times to find answers to our questions. But God does promise He will walk beside us through the valleys.

Psalm 23:1-4 tells us, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet water, he restores my soul. ... Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Sometimes we have to wait before we find answers to our questions. Sometimes we get answers we don't want and try to run from them. Sometimes the answer is No. But the comforting part is that God is right beside us as we untangle our path and seek to find His will in every situation.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7

Are you remembering to include God in your equation as you look for answers?


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home