NEW! My helpful e-book has just been published.
Click to learn more!

Thriving at the Holidays Subscribe to Step Parenting with Grace by Email

Enter your email address to sign up for my mailing list to receive newsletters and other updates.


 

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Trusting God with our Finances

The insurance bill that came in the mail was much higher than expected. With three teen drivers, insuring five cars is costly. And add one driver with a lead foot and too many accidents, and the cost gets exorbitant!

Money can be a stressful subject for stepfamilies. With several kids to provide for and constant expenses flowing out of the account, money quickly runs out. So, how do you deal with the constant stress of financial concern?

We have learned to find peace in trusting God with our expenses. We currently have two kids in college and a third one coming up next year but we know God will provide.

We have seen God's faithfulness time and again when finances were tight at our house. When I lost my corporate job and our household income was cut in half, God provided for us. When I chose to return to graduate school with four children at home, God provided.

When my husband's job was being phased out, God provided for a new job with better benefits and higher income. And when my husband and I were expecting our first child together and I desired to be home, God provided in a way to make it possible.

So when I begin to fret about how we will pay for three kids in college, I reflect on God's unending faithfulness. I may not be able to see how the puzzle pieces will fit together, but I can trust God is in control.

"Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:25-26

Are you trusting God with your finances?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home