NEW! My helpful e-book has just been published.
Click to learn more!

Thriving at the Holidays Subscribe to Step Parenting with Grace by Email

Enter your email address to sign up for my mailing list to receive newsletters and other updates.


 

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Finding Hope in the Midst of Uncertainty

Relationships are hard. And sometimes when families run into trouble that seems too big to manage, people make bad choices.

I learned of a tragic situation today with a stepfamily that seemed to have too many relationship issues to solve and the husband escaped by committing suicide. Now, his young son is left without a father.

So, how do we find hope when the circumstances seem desperate?

I think we begin with a willingness toward risk. We must risk change to make our circumstances better. We must risk vulnerability in our relationships. And we must risk confronting our fears to find answers for our uncertainties.

I don't believe we are meant to live desperate lives. I claim my favorite Scripture daily that says, "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (NLT)

But we must claim that hope. We must choose to accept that hope.

And we must be willing to take the necessary risks toward finding our hope in the midst of uncertainty.

What risks do you need to take today to find hope?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home