NEW! My helpful e-book has just been published.
Click to learn more!

Thriving at the Holidays Subscribe to Step Parenting with Grace by Email

Enter your email address to sign up for my mailing list to receive newsletters and other updates.


 

Monday, July 19, 2010

7 Link Challenge


I'm following a challenge today by blogger Darren Rowse that will include a post different than what I usually write. But I hope you find it interesting and discover blog posts you have not read before.

Darren's suggestion is to highlight 7 posts from different categories that he suggests of my blog and others. It's a great exercise to reflect on what blog posts are most useful for my readers. I will give some explanation of each post as I go.

1. Your first post: Striving to be a Positive Stepparent. This post has some basic, but important, thoughts on stepparenting.

2. A post you enjoyed writing the most: Hope for the Future: Part Two. As I wrote this post,I reflected on the privilege of having a child in my second marriage.

3. A post which had a great discussion: Stepmothers - How to Honor Mother's Day? I recognize the difficulty surrounding Mother's Day for stepmothers and this post was no surprise to the traffic and comments it received.

4. A post on someone else's blog that you wish you'd written: The Healing Power of Art. I enjoy following the blog of Michael Hyatt, CEO of Nelson Publishing and this is a beautiful post.

5. Your most helpful post: Coping with Stepfamily Storms. We will all endure storms in our stepfamilies and I believe this post is helpful on addressing some healthy ways to cope with them.

6. A post with a title that you are proud of: Coparenting Collisions. I thought this title did a good job of describing what the post was about - a subject many of us can relate to!

7. A post that you wish more people had read: Stepparenting Inspiration. This is an incredible story of someone who overcame significant odds to make a difference in life. It is inspirational for all of us as we persevere on difficult paths.


Did you find posts you had not read before that were interesting or helpful?

1 Comments:

At July 19, 2010 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Annie said...

While I don't have experience with step parenting, I have lots of close friends that are enduring that struggle right now. It is so great to find a blog that addresses these challenges positively and looks for solutions :) I can't wait to share this info with them.

That article "coparenting collisions" sounds so interesting, I am going to read it now. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home